Well, we made it to Stanford. Dino is in and settled after being admitted this afternoon. Along with a welcome dose of morphine, he got the necessary cat scan we've all been waiting for, and though it hadn't been fully reviewed by the time we left the hospital this evening, it's possible he could be scheduled for surgery tomorrow (Thursday).
We know the surgery is major (probably eight hours with prep) and because Stanford is so wonderfully thorough, they're trying to determine if they want a separate vascular team available (and said team may already be booked for another patient tomorrow). So, if not tomorrow, possibly Friday, but at least Dino is now safe and secure in the hospital that he (and all of us) wanted. And his pain is being effectively managed.
I'll keep this short, first because this is Dino's blog and I want the master back in front of his keyboard ASAP, and second because it's late and tomorrow may be a very long day. I'll keep you posted every step of the way (that is, as soon as I can get to a computer, probably in the evenings). The assistant to Dr. Norton (Dino's surgeon) says we can probably expect about a five-day stay so let's wrap it up for tonight by saying that Dino is, as usual, leading the charge. He's very up, very positive, is looking really well (except for the Kuato bulge) and feels the wonder of all your good thoughts coming his way. We all love you. Until tomorrow . . .